MAURICE JONES-DREW’S RECOVERY MADE HIM DOUBT HIS ABILITY TO KEEP PLAYING

Wednesday, September 4, 20130 comments

njuries can be the most frustrating thing an NFL player has to deal with. For Maurice Jones-Drew, his recovery from a Lisfranc injury made him question his desire to keep playing.
“There were a couple days during camp where I was like, ‘I don’t know if I can do this anymore,’” Jones-Drew told Jaguars.com. “Once pain subsides and soreness goes away you’re ready to roll again. … You fought through those first couple weeks.”
This runs contrary to media reports that said his rehab was going great.
“I had to lie to myself, too, and say that as well.”
It’s been a long road since the powerful running back missed most of 2012 after having season-ending surgery. He has played sparingly this preseason as it’s clear the team and head coach Gus Bradley want to save Jones-Drew for games that actually matter.
However, there is positive news:
“Now I feel good. I’m ready to get out there and play,” Jones-Drew said.
That’s good, because we want to see him out there and running over people on Sundays again. It’s been too long.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Copyright © 2011. NFL NEWS VIDEOS - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger