Giants still mum on if Wilson will start

Thursday, September 12, 20130 comments

Tom Coughlin and Kevin Gilbride would not say if David Wilson will start on Sunday. 

Coughlin opened his meeting with reporters on Thursday by jokingly giving an update on Wilson's progress with ball security. 

Wilson
"David Wilson did OK with his technique today," Coughlin said. "He had multiple carries and he also carried the ball and put it in the proper position, so I would say today he made good progress. I’m sure that’s the end of it (this issue). I will see you guys later." 

When asked later if Wilson will start, Coughlin would not say. 

"Will he get a suit? Yeah, he’ll get a suit," Coughlin said. "I don't know (about who will start). We have a bunch of guys that can trot out there first, but they’re all going to see action." 

Da'Rel Scott practiced after tweaking his knee on Wednesday. And Brandon Jacobs got another day to get back into the flow after being signed on Tuesday. 

"He’s actually looked pretty good," Coughlin said of Jacobs. "From a standpoint of conditioning and running, he’s looking quick and picking things up right where he left off. I think he’s done well with it." 

If Wilson can protect the ball, the second-year back should see the majority of carries. Gilbride said he has not scripted his first set of plays yet when asked who will start. 

"We’re going to play everybody," Gilbride said. "I know you guys like to know who’s starting and not, but I haven’t put together the openers yet, so I don’t know who’s going to be in there because I don’t know what the opening plays are. Once we decide what plays we’re going to run, then whoever we think is best capable of running that play is the guy that will be in there." 

Gilbride was asked if he is worried about Wilson, who lost two fumbles and was benched in the season opening loss at Dallas. 

"I’m worried about everything, every week," Gilbride said. "So if they say am I worried about David Wilson, yeah, I’m worried about everything. That’s part of playing the game. You have to bounce back. The ones who thrive and flourish are the ones who can learn from their mistakes and put it behind them and certainly he needs to do that and I think he will." 

Gilbride also was not revealing what Jacobs' role will be on Sunday. 

"I’d rather not tip my hand at this point," Gilbride said.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Copyright © 2011. NFL NEWS VIDEOS - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger